Re: [beemonitoring] The introduced Osmia and Anthophora habits and identification.

  • Marie Springer
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2007
      I also hvae been looking for a good digital camera, but I have no problem getting up close, please let us both know if you can suggest something.

      Asif Sajjad <asifbinsajjad@...> wrote:
      Hello Sam!
                      Please guide me about any good digital camera. I want to take snaps of bees sitting on flowers from a considrable distance so that its activitiy may not be disturbed. Please guide me in sence of digital and optical zooms.

      Thanks

       Asif Sajjad
      PhD student
      BZ Univ. Pakistan

      Marie Springer, President
      Friends of Wallkill River
      National Wildlife Refuges
      1547 Route 565, Sussex, NJ 07461

    • David Inouye
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 24, 2007
        I can recommend the following as a high-send solution: a digital SLR
        camera with a good macro lens and a flash system. In specific, I use
        Nikon D200, a Nikon 105mm macro lens, and the flash system that
        mounts on the front of the lens. This gives a good working distance
        from the bee, and good depth of field. A less expensive option is
        something like one of the Nikon Coolpix models that has a macro mode;
        the disadvantage is that you have to be pretty close to the bee to
        get a picture.

        David Inouye