Re: [beemonitoring] The introduced Osmia and Anthophora habits and identification.

  • Asif Sajjad
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2007
      Hello Sam!
                      Please guide me about any good digital camera. I want to take snaps of bees sitting on flowers from a considrable distance so that its activitiy may not be disturbed. Please guide me in sence of digital and optical zooms.

      Thanks

       Asif Sajjad
      PhD student
      BZ Univ. Pakistan
    • Marie Springer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2007
        I also hvae been looking for a good digital camera, but I have no problem getting up close, please let us both know if you can suggest something.

        Asif Sajjad <asifbinsajjad@...> wrote:
        Hello Sam!
                        Please guide me about any good digital camera. I want to take snaps of bees sitting on flowers from a considrable distance so that its activitiy may not be disturbed. Please guide me in sence of digital and optical zooms.

        Thanks

         Asif Sajjad
        PhD student
        BZ Univ. Pakistan

        Marie Springer, President
        Friends of Wallkill River
        National Wildlife Refuges
        1547 Route 565, Sussex, NJ 07461

      • David Inouye
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2007
          I can recommend the following as a high-send solution: a digital SLR
          camera with a good macro lens and a flash system. In specific, I use
          Nikon D200, a Nikon 105mm macro lens, and the flash system that
          mounts on the front of the lens. This gives a good working distance
          from the bee, and good depth of field. A less expensive option is
          something like one of the Nikon Coolpix models that has a macro mode;
          the disadvantage is that you have to be pretty close to the bee to
          get a picture.

          David Inouye