Latest Bee Drying Advice and Protocol from BIML

  • Nick Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2010
      Hello all,

          Most recently I've found that the use of a metal tea steeper (larger ones) work far better than even a jar. I can the spherical steeper w/ bees inside w/in a large jar for the washing stage, then when drying, I hold on to the long metal chain, giving me 360 degree access to the specimens inside. In fact, even the largest Bombus or Xylocopa is dry in a couple minutes!

      Nick Stewart