Re: [beemonitoring] Latest Bee Drying Advice and Protocol from BIML

  • David_r_smith@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2010

      Lying the blow dryer on its side on a towell facing the square-sided mason jar, also on a folded towell works pretty good too.  If your wife is out of town you can leave that set on the bathroom counter all week.
    • Nick Stewart
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2010
        Hello all,

            Most recently I've found that the use of a metal tea steeper (larger ones) work far better than even a jar. I can the spherical steeper w/ bees inside w/in a large jar for the washing stage, then when drying, I hold on to the long metal chain, giving me 360 degree access to the specimens inside. In fact, even the largest Bombus or Xylocopa is dry in a couple minutes!

        Nick Stewart