Re: [beemonitoring] Perdita nubila, FL endemic, or not.

  • Doug Yanega
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
      >I'm trying to ascertain whether this sp is truly a FL endemic. A
      >couple of sources say that it is, but Discover Life has records for
      >other states. Any information about this would be most appreciated.

      Those sources are ignoring the original literature, then. If the guy
      who described the species is to be trusted, then it's not just from
      Florida. Timberlake himself listed specimens from Arkansas and Kansas
      (part VII, p. 29); we have one of those Kansas specimens in our
      collection (and therefore in Discoverlife), and it is
      indistinguishable from the specimens from Gainesville, aside from a
      slight reduction in the clypeal and mandibular coloration.

      Peace,