Perdita nubila, FL endemic, or not.

  • bugalmquist
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
      I'm trying to ascertain whether this sp is truly a FL endemic. A couple of sources say that it is, but Discover Life has records for other states. Any information about this would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    • Doug Yanega
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
        >I'm trying to ascertain whether this sp is truly a FL endemic. A
        >couple of sources say that it is, but Discover Life has records for
        >other states. Any information about this would be most appreciated.

        Those sources are ignoring the original literature, then. If the guy
        who described the species is to be trusted, then it's not just from
        Florida. Timberlake himself listed specimens from Arkansas and Kansas
        (part VII, p. 29); we have one of those Kansas specimens in our
        collection (and therefore in Discoverlife), and it is
        indistinguishable from the specimens from Gainesville, aside from a
        slight reduction in the clypeal and mandibular coloration.

        Peace,