Bowl trap monitoring

  • Liliana Ramírez
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2010
      Hello everyone, I been counting my collected bees, and it came to my attention that nearly 60% of my specimens belong to Halictidae, I sampled in north east Mexico, in many several habitats, raging from pine forest to desert shrub, my main method for collecting was bowl traps (pink, blue, white and yellow), is there any paper regarding bias about this samplig method, I was expecting may be more Megachilidae or Apidae, could Halictidae be more attracted to this particular sampling method??, I only got 10% from Andrenidae, and this guys are supposed to be "common" or "abundant", I will appreciate any comment on this issue.

      On the other hand I need to ask for your help on getting some identification key to species level on:

      Colletes & Hylaeus (Colletidae)
      Calliopsis & Perdita (Sugen Macrotera and Cockerella) from Andrenidae)

      Any help is VERY welcome!

      Best regards!

      Lily

      --