Light traps

  • David_r_smith@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007

      I am new to the native bee monitoring world so please bear with me on a basic entomological question.  Most of my previous monitoring work is on aquatic insects.

      Is anyone aware of a reference for constructing light traps for night-flying insects?  I'd rather build one then buy one.  This will give me something to do at night after checking pan traps for bees.

      Thanks a lot,

      Dave Smith
      U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
      323 N. Leroux St., Suite 101
      Flagstaff, AZ  86001
      (928) 226-0614 x 109
      "Field data is the best cure for a precarious prediction"  Dave Rosgen