New webpage on collecting bees, with The Handy Manual.

  • Wilson, Michael E
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2010
       Hi,
      Probably not the best time to introduce a webpage about killing bees, but I would like to announce two webpages
      I put up on eXtension.org that are meant to promote/distribute "The Handy Manual" and also provide an introduction
      to collecting and identifying bees. The concept being, that involving the public in some way either collecting bees, or understanding what is involved, will encourage appreciation of our diverse native bees. It can also be a place for researchers or students to discover the manual and discoverlife keys.

      The two pages are here

      http://www.extension.org/pages/Collecting_and_Identifying_Bees

      http://www.extension.org/pages/Characters_used_in_Identifying_Bees

      As you see on the pages, Sam Droege was instrumental in providing the group project collecting manual and video while others in the yahoo group have linked content/projects that are included. Special thanks to you all. The manual will be updated as Sam sends updates through the Yahoo group.

      Feedback and fact checking welcome.

      If anyone has ideas or materials for additional content about bees that would go well on eXtension.org please let me know. It took me some time to get to the above pages, but I'm always looking for items to add to my eXtension.org queue.

      Thanks,
      Michael Wilson
      University of Tennessee