squash bee nest casting

  • Zarrillo, Tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2010
      Good morning everyone:

      When I was out in my squash field yesterday, I noticed some holes in the ground within the field......don't know for sure if they are indeed squash bee nests, but decided spur of the moment to try to experiment with making nest castings today because the season is coming to a close. I am using Walter Tschinkel's work as my guide, but am wondering if anyone has any tips they can offer from experience...I am going to use plaster of some sort rather than trying to melt aluminum or zinc (though an aluminum casting would look really cool in my living room!)...I am heading over to Michael's Craft Supplies to dig around and see what materials I could find...Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

      Tracy Zarrillo

      Tracy Zarrillo
      The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
      203-974-8473
      Tracy.Zarrill@...