Bees from the Hymenoptera Blitz of the Schoodic Peninsula of Maine

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2010

    Attached is the raw data and the summary report of the bee portion of the Hymenoptera Blitz of the Schoodic Peninsula of Maine.  This peninsula is just north of Mt. Desert Island and is part of Acadia National Park.

    http://www.nps.gov/acad/naturescience/bioblitz.htm

    The Blitz, while located on NPS land was a joint venture of the Park with a number of state/federal/and private entomological groups and was a nice example of how good things can be done when resources were pooled.  In the future we will be taking this idea one step further and in addition to getting all the basic identifications done on site will also try to get all the data entered....keep tuned!

    For those of you who have problems with these attachments you can retrieve the files on our ftp site by going into your browser with the following in the url:

    ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/er/md/laurel/Droege/

    Thanks again to all the participants.

    Attached

    Woodcutters and fishermen know just how to use things.
    What would they do with fancy chairs and meditation platforms?
    In straw sandals and with a bamboo staff, I roam three
    thousand worlds,
    Dwelling by the water, feasting on the wind, year after year.
         -Ikkyu

    P Bees are not optional.