Native bees and gardeners

  • Chris McDonald
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2010
      All,

      I am building a talk to give to gardeners and the public about making
      gardens and landscapes more native bee friendly. As we know most people
      dont know much about bees, especially native ones so I need some
      pictures on the basics.

      If anyone has a talk or pictures of the bee life cycle from egg to adult
      could you please email it to me. There are plenty of images of adults,
      honeybees, nest entrances, but few of the inside of native bee nests or
      larvae or maybe even cuckoo bee larvae or split/plexiglass nests. I
      would like to try to educate people that the honey bee lifestyle is only
      one way of being a bee.

      Any help is greatly appreciated,

      Chris

      --
      My office is being remodeled due to water damage.

      Chris McDonald PhD
      Desert Natural Resources Advisor
      Southeastern California
      UC Cooperative Extension
      (909) 387-2242 (not working until mid-August)
      (909) 387-3306 fax