Regarding bee identification detailed methodology

  • sandeep kumar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2010
      Respected Sir/Ma'am,
      Greetings,

      Please guide/provide me the recent detailed methodology of bees identification

                 1. Standard Preservation Methods
                 2. Standard Mounting Methods
                 3. Standard Dissection Methods
                 4. Standard Drawing Methods
                 5. Standard Measurement Methods
                 6. Standard Description Methods

      yours sincerely,
       Dr. Sandeep Kumar
       GBPIHED,Himachal Pradesh,India
    • Chris McDonald
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2010
        All,

        I am building a talk to give to gardeners and the public about making
        gardens and landscapes more native bee friendly. As we know most people
        dont know much about bees, especially native ones so I need some
        pictures on the basics.

        If anyone has a talk or pictures of the bee life cycle from egg to adult
        could you please email it to me. There are plenty of images of adults,
        honeybees, nest entrances, but few of the inside of native bee nests or
        larvae or maybe even cuckoo bee larvae or split/plexiglass nests. I
        would like to try to educate people that the honey bee lifestyle is only
        one way of being a bee.

        Any help is greatly appreciated,

        Chris

        --
        My office is being remodeled due to water damage.

        Chris McDonald PhD
        Desert Natural Resources Advisor
        Southeastern California
        UC Cooperative Extension
        (909) 387-2242 (not working until mid-August)
        (909) 387-3306 fax