Re: [beemonitoring] Painting making bowls fragile [1 Attachment]

  • David_r_smith@fws.gov
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 15, 2010

      Hi All,

      I use the 12 oz stadium cup method here in Arizona.  I use the Krylon plastic primer first then spray the fluorescent yellow and blue on the cups.  I set the traps for one week per month.  I don't leave them out during the interim period.  So far except for paint peeling from a few spots that I obviously missed with the primer my cups are still as strong as before.  Another advantage to the stadium cups is that they of course are stackable and very sturdy.  I can just stack them and throw them in a box in the truck as I check trap sets.  The Handy Bee Manual has a write-up of this method if your are interested.

      Inverts Rule,

      Dave Smith