Re: [beemonitoring] label paper for pinned specimens

  • H
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2010
      My recommendation is to first ask the copy center at the University if
      they can supply a 40 to 60 lb. 100% cotton fiber paper - Also,
      archival paper is a neutral pH [between 7 and 8.5 or termed
      "acid-free"]. There are plenty of sources of white, archival paper.

      Manufacturers of acid-free paper can indicate the compliance of their
      product with the test requirements of the ISO 9706 or ANSI Z39.48-1992
      standards using a circled infinity symbol (Unicode code point 267E, ♾)

      ANSI NISO Standard Z39.48-1984 - Permanence of Paper for Publications
      and Documents in Libraries, 1984
      best,

      HW Ikerd
      Hikerd@...
      435-227-5711 (Google Voice)
      435-797-2425(work)

    • barbara.abraham@hamptonu.edu
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2010
        To the list:

        Thanks to all who sent information on white acid-free paper.

        Barb

        Barbara J Abraham, PhD
        Dept. of Biological Sciences
        Hampton University