looking for bumble bee data

  • glebuhn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2007
      Dear All,

      I'm working on some models of bumble bee population dynamics and would
      like to test them against some real data sets. We are looking for data
      sets that either contain bee abundances or simply presence absence at a
      series of discrete sites over a minimum of 3 years. Any help would be
      appreciated!!

      Gretchen LeBuhn
    • beeman_4602@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2007

        Gretchen,

        Peter Scott and I have a three year data set on the bees of the black oak savannas in northern Indiana if you are interested.  We are currently working on several manuscripts using the data and would be greatly interested to see it used in another way.

        Basically I sampled 5 sites in N. Indiana and 1 in IL from 2001-2003.  I netted collected at the 5 Indiana sites all 3 years (although one site had few individuals collected due to very few flowers avail) and pan trapped 3 of those sites in 2003.  The IL site was net collected the last 1 1/2 years and pan trapped in 2003. I have information on effort at each site as well as floral data.

        If this data would be useful just let me know.

        Rob Jean, Department of Ecology and Organismal Biology,

        Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN 47809