Re: Experiments with bowl design and glycol and a new bowl blog

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2010
      Some thoughts for those of you planning to leave larger cups in the field for an extended period of time:

      I am using elevated 16 oz cups filled with liquid, and based on Sam's findings, filled close to the top with liquid. I am changing these on a weekly basis. I have been thinking about putting slits or holes near the tops of the cups to act as drainage if the cups receive any additional liquid (rainfall). I am concerned with liquid overflowing because it could carry any floating insects with it and out of the cup. I am not so concerned with rainfall diluting the liquid, and in any case don't have ideas to prevent this.

      If anyone has additional comments or ideas dealing with overflow, please let me know.

      Rachel