Denatonium benzoate as repellant in glycol mixes

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2010

      All:

      Has anyone had any experience using denatonium benzoate mixed with propylene glycol to repel mammals from drinking the glycol in a trap?  Apparently, pitfall trap folks use it, but I haven't found anyone with first hand experience.  Denatonium benzoate is extremely bitter and has been added into ethylene glycol in some states to repel pets from drinking antifreeze.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatonium

      Thanks

      sam

      P.S.  I have been waiting a long time to have an excuse to use one of my favorite poems....

      In the desert

      In the desert
      I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
      Who, squatting upon the ground,