      From: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Kimberly N. Russell
      Sent: Thu 10/22/2009 2:46 PM
      To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [beemonitoring] Fwd: Advice for grad student

      Dear All,

      [I sent this earlier from the wrong e-mail account and I think it
      therefore did not appear on the list. If it did, forgive the duplicate
      e-mail request!]

      There is a graduate student in my department who is planning a study
      in which she would like to augment the native bee populations in a
      particular (urban) area (plots). She asked for my advice on how this
      could be done and I didn't really have an answer. The only thing I
      could think of was maybe using trap nests, i.e., put them out in
      natural areas, then move them before emergence time? I would
      appreciate any thoughts on this. Luckily, she is in the early stages
      of developing her project, so there is plenty of time to tweak her

      Dr. Kimberly N. Russell

      University Lecturer
      Department of Biology
      New Jersey Institute of Technology