780Fwd: Advice for grad student

  • Kimberly N. Russell
    Oct 22, 2009
      Dear All,

      [I sent this earlier from the wrong e-mail account and I think it
      therefore did not appear on the list. If it did, forgive the duplicate
      e-mail request!]

      There is a graduate student in my department who is planning a study
      in which she would like to augment the native bee populations in a
      particular (urban) area (plots). She asked for my advice on how this
      could be done and I didn't really have an answer. The only thing I
      could think of was maybe using trap nests, i.e., put them out in
      natural areas, then move them before emergence time? I would
      appreciate any thoughts on this. Luckily, she is in the early stages
      of developing her project, so there is plenty of time to tweak her
      plans.

      Thanks!
      Kim
      Dr. Kimberly N. Russell