70Re: [beemonitoring] The Metal Content of Bees

  • frozenbeedoc@cs.com
    Mar 13, 2007
      Hey Sam,

      theres a guy named Jerry Bromenshenk, who has been working on grants from DOD for years, using honey bees to determine the extent of fallout from pollution sources and the like.  The hairs pick up lots of stuff.  And now he's got them learning to sniff for bombs and landmines.  Crazy stuff but it seems to work.  I'm not sure it he has published much of this, he's not the publication type of guy.  But I'll try to find you his web site or e-mail.  No reason it wouldn't be the same for native species.

      Cheers,
      Anita
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic