      To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      From: David_r_smith@...
      Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:12:23 -0700
      Subject: [beemonitoring] pan trapping vs malaise trapping for pollinator inventories

      Hi All,

      I have looked at earlier studies where malaise traps were used to collect flying insects as part of montane pollinator studies.  Are malaise traps still used or have pantraps and netting been deemed a suitable replacement? .  I know you can buy a lot a small plastic cups for the price of a malaise trap.

      Thanks  a lot,

      Dave Smith

      Windows LiveTM HotmailĀ®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. Check it out.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic