474All Slots now Filled for the Bee ID Workshops

    Nov 6 3:14 PM

      You can email me, however, to be put on the waiting list.

              The Arrival of the Bee Box

      I ordered this, clean wood box
      Square as a chair and almost too heavy to lift.
      I would say it was the coffin of a midget
      Or a square baby
      Were there not such a din in it.

      The box is locked, it is dangerous.
      I have to live with it overnight
      And I can't keep away from it.
      There are no windows, so I can't see what is in there.
      There is only a little grid, no exit.

      I put my eye to the grid.
      It is dark, dark,
      With the swarmy feeling of African hands
      Minute and shrunk for export,
      Black on black, angrily clambering.

      How can I let them out?
      It is the noise that appalls me most of all,
      The unintelligible syllables.
      It is like a Roman mob,
      Small, taken one by one, but my god, together!

      I lay my ear to furious Latin.
      I am not a Caesar.
      I have simply ordered a box of maniacs.
      They can be sent back.
      They can die, I need feed them nothing, I am the owner.

      I wonder how hungry they are.
      I wonder if they would forget me
      If I just undid the locks and stood back and turned into a tree.
      There is the laburnum, its blond colonnades,
      And the petticoats of the cherry.

      They might ignore me immediately
      In my moon suit and funeral veil.
      I am no source of honey
      So why should they turn on me?
      Tomorrow I will be sweet God, I will set them free.

      The box is only temporary.

      Sylvia Plath

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic