453RE: [beemonitoring] Bibliography and Summary of Bee Bowl and Related Trapping Techniques for Bees

  • Cane, Jim
    Oct 20 8:08 AM

      Sam- I’ve attached a file with the extra refs that I have from a much larger European (esp Polish) literature that has used pan trapping for decades, plus others scattered around in Europe, here and South America .  I don’t enter most of it unless the objective was of interest.

      Curious that you should send this now, Sam, for last week, I was talking with the editor of the J Kansas Ent Soc, Larry Kipp.  He asked if I would be interested in kicking off a new series of invited review papers with one on sampling methods for bees.  They would waive page charges.  I don’t feel that I have the expertise with enough methods, nor the depth of evaluation experience that you have with pan trapping in particular, which I’d expect to be a big part of any such review.  Would you like me to suggest you as a potential author?

      James H. Cane

      Utah State University , Logan , UT 84322 USA

      tel: 435-797-3879   FAX: 435-797-0461

      email: Jim.Cane@...

      web page: www.ars.usda.gov/npa/beelab

      "Embrace entropy"