404Re: Standardized Sampling Methodologies and a Common Database

    Aug 16 6:12 AM
      I wasn't aware of some of those new, more flexible database features,
      it will be good to have representation at the meeting from that
      group. While one could argue that you could develop those features
      later, I think that more and more that database functions will help
      guide the development of what gets monitored. Its also clear that
      internet functions can be built directly into monitoring schemes
      rather than having paper surveys that get entered later.

      The possibilities of expanding Bugguide.net are intriguing. It seems
      particularly good at detetecting the spread of introduced
      species...and the digital libraries that are produced are going to
      become invaluable.

      sam

      --- In beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sarver" <mjsarver@...>
      wrote:

      > Great! I didn't know discoverlife was set up that way until Dan
      pointed it
      > out. A query interface for this database now seems like an obvious
      starting
      > point. As for PCDL - I thought they were only tackling literature,
      at least
      > for now. Do they have plans to incorporate specimen data as well?
      I've