3454Re: [beemonitoring] Design for adjustable pan traps (aka: elevated or raised pan traps)

  • Ann Fraser
    Jul 10, 2014
      I recently installed PVC poles (1/2 ") with a coupler on top to which I glued a translucent bowl, then place my colored bee bowl when needed (Rufus Isaacs design). I had an idea for how to make these adjustable but haven't tried it yet. But here it is: take a large binder clip that fits tight on the pole and can be slid up and down, then figure out way to attach a translucent bowl to that. I poke holes in the bottom of the translucent bowls so that they drain when it rains.
      Ann Fraser
      Kalamazoo College
      Dept. Of Biology

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic