      From: Wilson, Michael E <mwilso14@...>
      Subject: RE: [beemonitoring] Disease spread vector
      To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 8:57 PM

      I don't think 'clean new' honey bees really exist. There would be
      some new disease some populations of honey bees wouldn't have,
      but the usual suspects are fairly endemic. Ponds and flowers are probably
      places bees can pick up diseases (maybe/ maybe-not mites), but the accepted
      thought that I understand is that robbing of dead honey bee colonies
      is the primary method 'not so infested' bees get very infested with
      mites and logically thinking, other diseases as well.
      And then of course there is the normal population build up of
      mites and nosema you get through the seasons from the mites and nosema
      that inevitably came with the new bees.

      My opinions,
      -Michael Wilson