      Sent from Windows Mail
      From: 'Anita M. Collins' frozenbeedoc@... [beemonitoring]
      Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎May‎ ‎15‎, ‎2014 ‎5‎:‎32‎ ‎AM
      To: bernhap2@..., pmichaelriisager@..., gibbsian@...
      Cc: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com, jlnatctmi@...

      That is a bunch of hogwash.
      Bees were abundant in England during the war.  As here, beekeepers were allowed to buy lots of sugar beyond normal rationing quantities.  It was spiked with quinine, which the bees don't mind, but people do.  Sorry can't remember were I learned that.  I know for a fact that Brother Adam and the priory where he lived had bees.  He is/was a noted honey bee breeder, collecting geographic races from around Europe to develop disease resistant stocks.  Buckfast was their "brand" name.

      I can check with International Bee Research Assoc. if anyone really needs references.  they are based in Wales.

      Anita Collins
      Albert Einstein
      On 05/14/14, Peter Bernhardt bernhap2@... [beemonitoring]<beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Dear Michael:

      I like your explanation the best of all and am sending it to my Australian (Sydney side) friend.  She insists that this tale of Mexican bees introduced to England was on a program produced by the ABC.  Once it reaches the internet (if it hasn't already) it will be immortal.

      On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM, MICHAEL RIISAGER <pmichaelriisager@...> wrote:
      I can personally vouch for, as a kid in London and London suburbs before, during and after WW II that honey bee colonies were alive and flourishing. A friend’s neighbor in Upminster, Essex, and a colleague of my father in a London Square kept hives going throughout the Blitz, ‘Doodle-bugs,’ and  ballistic missiles.
      I suppose the Mexican bees were transmitted via the periscopes of German U-Boats and trained to send encoded messages (Spanish or German??) via bee-dances to the Luftwaffe.
      Amazing, ain’t it, the spontaneous generation of poppycock (or ‘pappe-cac,’ a closer approximation to the original Dutch...).
      Sent from Windows Mail