      Sent from Windows Mail

      From: Jack Neff jlnatctmi@... [beemonitoring]
      Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎May‎ ‎14‎, ‎2014 ‎6‎:‎56‎ ‎AM
      To: Peter Bernhardt, Bee United

      Apparently another urban myth.  You might want to check this site History of Honey Bees in the United Kingdom

      On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:41 AM, "Peter Bernhardt bernhap2@... [beemonitoring]" <beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Would a historian of honeybee importations be willing to corroborate or disprove the following story sent by an Australian friend?

      Recently on the ABC Garden Show they said that during World War 2 all the bees disappeared from England.  They had to replace them with bees imported from Mexico and other countries.  So the bee population in England cant really claim to be British they said.

      Peter Bernhardt

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic