3200Re: [beemonitoring] Bee Reference Collection

  • Matthew McKinney
    Feb 27, 2014
      We don't have enough specimens of most species here at WVU to ship them away unfortunately, but if you wanted to bring your specimens here and compare with ours you would be welcome. Marietta is only a couple hours from here.
      -Matt

      On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM, MaLisa Spring <malisa.spring@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone,

      I am MaLisa Spring from Marietta College. I am currently finishing up a project looking at the bee diversity in Washington County, Ohio. I was wondering if anyone had a reference collection that I could compare my identifications. I have keyed most of them out using Discoverlife, but I would like to compare to verified specimens. I am looking into various options, so any recommendations would help.

      I also had a question about Ceratina . Has anyone ever seen Ceratina that are really blue on thorax and pepsi blue on vertex of head? They also have two brownish stripes between parapsidal lines. I collected a few of these in September, but I was not sure if that is just a variation that happens late in the season or if they were something different. I can forward pictures as well if need be.

      Thanks for your help,

      MaLisa Spring
      Marietta College 2014

      --