3183Fwd: [Pollinator] Reminder: Nominations needed by Feb 21 for international panel biodiversity and ecosystem services

    Feb 19, 2014

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Cliff Duke <CSDuke@...>
      Date: Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM
      Subject: [Pollinator] Reminder: Nominations needed by Feb 21 for international panel biodiversity and ecosystem services
      To: "pollinator@..." <pollinator@...>

      Dear colleague,

      The Ecological Society of America and the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) are seeking natural and social scientists to serve on an international platform to improve the role of science in conservation policy decisions. If you would like to participate, please submit a nomination by February 21, 2014.

      We believe it is important for the U.S. scientific community to be strongly represented in IPBES panels, but the number of nominations we have received to date has been extremely modest. Please support this outreach effort by redistributing this message to your members, other listservs, professional societies, nongovernmental organizations, or other interested groups.

      We are seeking experts in these areas:

      ·        Pollination and food production

      ·        Production and integration of assessments

      ·        Scenario analysis and modeling of biodiversity & ecosystem services

      ·        Methods for valuing biodiversity and nature’s benefits to people

      ·        Producing a catalog of policy support tools and methodologies

      For more information, please visit this link: http://www.esa.org/esa/?page_id=10615

      Sincerely,

      Clifford S. Duke, Ph.D.

      Director of Science Programs