3171Re: Pinning only a set of vouchers

  • Crystal Boyd
    Feb 12, 2014
      Thanks for the great response so far. This list-serv is so wonderful.

      I should mention that we're planning to run one transect of 24 bowls per site (3 each of blue, yellow, and white). We will also place blue vane traps and hand-net when we can, but the focus is mainly on pan traps.

      The problem is that pan traps can collect many specimens of the same species, and it's impractical to pin them all. For example, one transect might result in 20 Agapostemon virescens, but it's time-consuming to pin them all. How many would you pin?

      On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Crystal Boyd <Crystal.Boyd@...> wrote:
      Hi, Bee Monitor-ers. Do you have any guidelines for what subset of bee specimens to voucher? For example, would you recommend 2 specimens/gender/species/site/collection date? (whew!)

      I’m hoping to use your expertise to estimate the number of specimens we should process for a monitoring program that could include up to 90 sites in Minnesota's prairie province.

      Looking forward to your suggestions,

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic