31Common Bees of Washington D.C. - And a call for similar lists

    Dec 19, 2006

      Attached is a list of the common bees of the Washington D.C. area, based on our surveys over the past several years.  While we do plan to publish a complete list at some point, you know how that goes, there is always another bee to find, and old specimens to track down and verify.  In the meantime, after a few years it becomes clear what the generally common species are.  That list is very useful to those just beginning to do ecological, inventory, monitoring, or research work.

      Consequently, I would like to challenge the other bee researchers out there to do something similar for their research regions or where they live.  Format doesn't really matter.  Although I don't have a web site where we can post such things I bet Gretchen LeBuhn or someone else does.....

      Just think about how handy that list would have been when you started.....

      Thanks.

      sam

      Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@...

      On the Vanity of Earthly Greatness

      The tusks which clashed in mighty brawls
      Of mastodons, are billiard balls.

      The sword of Charlemagne the Just
      Is Ferric Oxide, known as rust.

      The grizzly bear, whose potent hug,