3087Re: [beemonitoring] Goldenrod and other Asteraceae as Fall's primary nectar source

  • Odo Natasaki
    Dec 9, 2013
      Hi,

      I don't think of myself as reference person on this subject but a few
      years ago in Yukon Territory, the primary plant that was in flower was
      Solidago and man oh man, were they smokin' covered in all bees native!
      That's why so many of my photos feature this plant on my website. The
      other candidate at the time was yarrow and a variety of the native "weedy"
      asteracea like Seneca, Taraxacum etc. That late in the season
      (mid-August) didn't have much around except for a few pockets here and
      there as I roamed around the territory.

      Just my input for what it's worth.

      Gord Hutchings

      }\(-.-)/{