3042Exotic Hylaeus

  • Kyle Martins, Mr
    Nov 26, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      I'm leading a project with John Ascher, Holger Dathe and Etienne Normandin on exotic Hylaeus species in North America. Our objective is to predict the potential range of H. hyalinatus, H. leptocephalus, and H. punctuatus across the continent based on their distribution in Europe. To validate our models we're gathering data on where the bees have currently been found in North America. If you have data on the occurrence of H. hyalinatus, H. leptocephalus and/or H. punctuatus that you would like to share please contact me directly at kyle.martins@.... The data format would simply include a list of geographic coordinates where the bees were captured, hopefully the date of capture, and of course additional information on the habitats or floral hosts from which they were gathered would be welcomed. We would be grateful for your contribution and your research efforts would be fully acknowledged.

      The more information we have on these exotic bees, the more accurate our predictions will be on their spread across North America.

      Thanks, and all the best,

      Kyle Martins
      MSc. Candidate
      Department of Biology