290Re: [beemonitoring] Phenology...

  • scan_editor_brg@bellsouth.net
    May 6 7:46 AM
      Sam,
      Thanks, but I can't compile that information into the phenological charts.
      Thanks for the offer, though.
      ben
      --
      Ben Gregory, Secretary
      South Carolina Association of

      -------------- Original message from Sam Droege <sdroege@...>: --------------

      Ben and Others:

      Just to clarify.

      I have a large access database of bee records that I am happy to share with anyone who wishes....(Heather Harmon and Cathy Stragar will have to let me know if they want their information shared) but I actually have not compiled that information into phenological charts.   Anyone who would like to tackle that would be more than welcome however!

      sam

      Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@USGS. GOV
      Http://www.pwrc. usgs.gov

      To the Fringed Gentian

      Thou blossom bright with autumn dew,
      And colored with the heaven's own blue,
      that openest when the quiet light
      Succeeds the keen and frosty night -

      Thou comest not when violets lean
      O'er wandering brooks and springs unseen,
      Or columbines, in purple dressed,
      Nod o'er the ground-bird' s hidden nest.

      Thou waitest late and com'st alone,
      When woods are bare and birds are flown,
      and frosts and shortening days port end
      The aged year is near his end.

      Then doth thy sweet and quiet eye
      Look through its fringes to the sky,
      Blue-blue-as if that sky let fall
      A flower from its cerulean wall.

      I would that thus, when I shall see
      the hour of death draw near to me,
      Hope, blossoming within my heart,
      May look to heaven as I depart.
           -William Cullen Bryant

      scan_editor_ brg@bellsouth. net
      Sent by: beemonitoring@ yahoogroups. com

      04/29/2008 09:22 PM

      Please respond to
      beemonitoring@ yahoogroups. com

      beemonitoring@ yahoogroups. com
      cc
      Subject
      Re: [beemonitoring] bee natural history data

      Sam,
      Could I get a copy of the bee phenologies also? Thanks!
      ben
      --
      Ben Gregory, Secretary
      South Carolina Association of
      Naturalists
      2120 N. Davidson St., #217
      Charlotte, NC 28205-1838
      704 / 372-8532
      scan_editor_ brg@bellsouth. net

      ------------ -- Original message from Sam Droege <sdroege@usgs. gov>: ------------ --

      Karen:

      I would be glad to send you our database of records....we have enough  captures of some of the eastern species that you could put together phenologies for some for some of the Mid-Atlantic species.

      sam

      Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@USGS. GOV
      Http://www.pwrc. usgs.gov

      The C ow
      The friendly cow all red and white,
         I love with all my heart:
      She gives me cream with all her might,
         To eat with apple-tart.
      She wanders lowing here and there,
         And yet she cannot stray,
      All in the pleasant open air,
         The pleasant light of day;
      And blown by all the winds that pass
      &nb sp;  And wet with all the showers,
      She walks among the meadow grass
         And eats the meadow flowers.
        - Robert Louis Stevenson

      Karen Wetherill <karen@sevilleta. unm.edu>
      Sent by: beemonitoring@ yahoogroups. com

      04/23/2008 04:50 PM

      Please respond to
      beemonitoring@ yahoogroups. com

      beemonitoring@ yahoogroups. com
      cc
      Subject
      [beemonitoring] bee natural history data

      I am trying to look up host information, voltinism and phenology for
      several hundred species of bees. I am trying to dredge through the
      primary literature, but not making much progress. Is there a method in
      this madness? For phenology, I just want to know when the adults are out.
      I know that much of this information is unknown, but I want to start
      accumulating this info. Any suggestions besides sci-search? Thanks,
      Karen

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic