281Re: [beemonitoring] Phenology...

  • Neil Cobb
    Apr 30, 2008
      Sam,

      I would be interested in showing it to some database/IT people to see what solutions they come up with, so I would be interested in a copy.

      Thanks,
      Neil

      Sam Droege wrote:

      > Ben and Others:
      >
      > Just to clarify.
      >
      > I have a large access database of bee records that I am happy to share
      > with anyone who wishes....(Heather Harmon and Cathy Stragar will have to
      > let me know if they want their information shared) but I actually have
      > not compiled that information into phenological charts. Anyone who
      > would like to tackle that would be more than welcome however!
      >
      > sam
      >
      > Sam Droege Sam_Droege@...
      > w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
      > Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov
      >
      > To the Fringed Gentian
      >
      > Thou blossom bright with autumn dew,
      > And colored with the heaven's own blue,
      > that openest when the quiet light
      > Succeeds the keen and frosty night -
      >
      > Thou comest not when violets lean
      > O'er wandering brooks and springs unseen,
      > Or columbines, in purple dressed,
      > Nod o'er the ground-bird's hidden nest.
      >
      > Thou waitest late and com'st alone,
      > When woods are bare and birds are flown,
      > and frosts and shortening days portend
      > The aged year is near his end.
      >
      > Then doth thy sweet and quiet eye
      > Look through its fringes to the sky,
      > Blue-blue-as if that sky let fall
      > A flower from its cerulean wall.
      >
      > I would that thus, when I shall see
      > the hour of death draw near to me,
      > Hope, blossoming within my heart,
      > May look to heaven as I depart.
      > -William Cullen Bryant
      >

      > *scan_editor_brg@...*
      > Sent by: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > 04/29/2008 09:22 PM
      > Please respond to
      > beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

      > beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      > cc
      >
      > Subject
      > Re: [beemonitoring] bee natural history data
      >

      > Sam,
      > Could I get a copy of the bee phenologies also? Thanks!
      > ben
      > --
      > Ben Gregory, Secretary
      > South Carolina Association of
      > Naturalists
      > 2120 N. Davidson St., #217
      > Charlotte, NC 28205-1838
      > 704 / 372-8532
      > scan_editor_brg@...
      >
      > -------------- Original message from Sam Droege <sdroege@...>:
      > --------------
      >

      > Karen:
      >
      > I would be glad to send you our database of records....we have enough
      > captures of some of the eastern species that you could put together
      > phenologies for some for some of the Mid-Atlantic species.
      >
      > sam
      >

      > Sam Droege Sam_Droege@...
      > w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
      > Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov
      >
      > The Cow
      > The friendly cow all red and white,
      > I love with all my heart:
      > She gives me cream with all her might,
      > To eat with apple-tart.
      > She wanders lowing here and there,
      > And yet she cannot stray,
> [...]

      Neil S. Cobb, Director
      Merriam-Powell Center for Environmental Research
      Peterson Hall, Bldg 22, Rm 330, Box 6077
      Northern Arizona University Flagstaff, AZ 86011
      http://www.mpcer.nau.edu

      Neil S. Cobb, Curator
      Colorado Plateau Museum of Arthropod Biodiversity
      Department of Biological Sciences,
      Box 5640 Northern Arizona University Flagstaff, AZ 86011
      http://bugs.nau.edu

      Neil S. Cobb, Coordinator
      Geospatial Research and Information Lab (GRAIL)
      Box 4071 Northern Arizona University Flagstaff, AZ 86011
      http://www.grail.nau.edu/

      Neil.Cobb@...
      (Home Office) 928-214-6237
      (Mobile Office) 928-607-4075