2792Bee on larkspur

  • Carol Jelich
    Jul 9, 2013
      Dear Experts,

      Any insight on this bee interaction with larkspur?

      Thanks,

      Carol

      From a friend:

      We are in Iowa City and as we were walking in through the neighborhood I
      stopped and talked with this woman who was looking intently at her Larkspur
      border. She pointed out a small bee to me, I thought it might be a honey
      bee but she said it was one that came to the larkspur when it was going to
      seed. It leaves a deposit on the seed but she didn't know what or why and
      aske me if I knew. Of course I didn't. Sounds like something to
      investigate.