2664RE: [beemonitoring] U.S. Osmia nesting habits

  • Cane, Jim
    Apr 2, 2013

    Folks- Sam suggested that I post this to all of you.  You will read that the nesting habits of many of our US Osmia species remain unknown, so especially if you find a ground-nesting species, or one in a gall, or a free-standing nest, it is worth documenting!  There also remain surprises, such as dung nesting (also recently reported from Argentina for a different megachild genus).

    James H. Cane

    Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 USA

    tel: 435-797-3879   FAX: 435-797-0461

    email: Jim.Cane@...

    web page: www.ars.usda.gov/npa/beelab

    publications: http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/piru/