2662Osmia simillimia - Floral/ Habitat Habits

  • Droege, Sam
    Apr 2, 2013

      I have been going through some bee data from Acadia National Park on the Coast of Maine.  Most of it is very interpretable, but at one site I am getting very large numbers of Osmia simillima.  This is a species I don't see in the mid-Atlantic area and don't have a sense of what species it prefers to forage on and what habitat requirements it may have.

      The site where these were found was very sandy (for this part of Maine) but the sand area is very restricted by surrounding rocky coastline and is only a few hectares.

      I welcome any insights into this species habitat requirements.

      Thanks

      sam

      Sam Droege  sdroege@...

      Landscape With The Fall of Icarus