      From: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com [mailto:beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of pollinator2001
      Sent: Monday, 11, February, 2013 16:08 PM
      To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [beemonitoring] Re: Bees and Roadkill

      --- In beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

      > Another source of error is scavenging on dead insects.
      Once I was driving down a gravel road in Iowa and noticed tettigoniid grasshoppers (mainly Orchelimum vulgare, which I was studying) feasting on acridid roadkill â€" most large female acridids had a scavenger!

      Fire ants will quickly dispose of dead insects in the South of the US.

      Dave Green, Ret. pollination contractor
      Coastal SC

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic