2590RE: [beemonitoring] Bees and Roadkill

  • <barbara.abraham@...>
    Feb 11, 2013

      Another source of error is scavenging on dead insects. Once I was driving down a gravel road in Iowa and noticed tettigoniid grasshoppers (mainly Orchelimum vulgare, which I was studying) feasting on acridid roadkill – most large female acridids had a scavenger!

      Barbara J. Abraham, Ph.D.

      Associate Professor

      SEEDS Ecology Chapter Advisor

      Department of Biological Sciences