2481N GA Native Pollinator Assessment & Bio-Inventory

  • Nick Stewart
    Nov 5, 2012
      Hey Sam & beemonitoring;

      My study is a multi-year, season-long assessment of native pollination services, as well as an intensive bio-inventory of native pollinator biodiversity.

      Running from 2010, we have thus far collected around 20,000 native Apoidea and over 100,000 total insects, which I'm currently working through 2012's specimens to date.

      The study focuses currently upon the northern border of GA, with sites on the western edge with TN, and sites along the eastern edge with SC.

      Focusing upon Apple orchards currently (all sites being of that crop), we are expanding in 2014 to encompass pumpkins, apples, blueberries and watermelons throughout the northern half of GA.

      If further information is needed, as well as any specifics desired, please feel free to contact me.

      Nick Stewart

      MANAGING NATIVE POLLINATOR ABUNDANCE:
      Efforts in Sustainable Native Pollination Services

      Nicholas Glynn Stewart
         Project Designer, Lead Researcher, Primary Taxonomist
      1000 University Center Lane
      Lawrenceville, GA 30043

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic