245functional groups of various bees

  • Malinda Slagle
    Mar 16, 2008
      Message
      All-
      I am trying to assign functional group categories to several bee species and am having trouble figuring out a good source for determining which bees are primitively eusocial, which are solitary, which are cavity nesters and which are ground nesters. I would appreciate some good, current references for these. If you don't know references but know midwestern bee species well and would be willing to look at my list and assign categories, please let me know and I will send you the list (it's only 49 species).
      Thanks-
      Malinda

      Malinda W. Slagle
      Restoration Ecologist
      Litzsinger Road Ecology Center
      Missouri Botanical Garden
      9711 Litzsinger Rd
      St Louis MO 63124
      314-961-4410
      malinda.slagle@...

      To discover and share knowledge about plants and their environment, in order to preserve and enrich life.
      -mission of the Missouri Botanical Garden

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic