2431Re: [beemonitoring] Bee ID

  • Brian Dykstra
    Sep 27, 2012
      Dana,
      The bright shiny green metallic sheen (including the abdomen) hints at the genus Augochlora, a green sweat bee (Halictidae family). I am not read up or experienced as far as what species might be recorded for W, or what bees might look similar there (other than Agapostemon which does not have a solid green abdomen).
      Brian

      On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Dana Visalli <dana@...> wrote:

      I'll bet someone will recognize this little beauty, seen on 'Mariposa Lily' (Calochortus macrocarpus), presumably
      in July here in northcentral Washington.  Thanks for any help.    Dana

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic