      To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      From: barbara.abraham@...
      Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 21:24:56 +0000
      Subject: [beemonitoring] fungus on dried bee specimens

      All,

      Is there any non-toxic way to kill fungus on dried bee specimens? Is there any way to treat the boxes so they can be reused?

      I do not have access to a freezer in which to store my specimens. I am going to try a desk lamp for complete drying this summer, and hope the mice and earwigs in the lab don’t like their bees cooked!

      Barb

      Barbara J. Abraham, Ph.D.

      Associate Professor

      SEEDS Ecology Chapter Advisor