1835Can You Explain this Behavior?

  • muczynski.sharon
    Nov 26 11:14 AM
      At the native plant nursery where I am a research assistant, I noticed honey bees flying around the native poplars. Some of the trees have fungus on their leaves, that looks like pollen. The bees were landing on the fungus. Now, I have heard that poplars have resinous buds. I don't know if that had anything to do with this odd behavior or is just about the fungus. It was also sunny and warm in that part of the nursery. My manager was concerned that the bees would spread the fungus. I didn't think it was a big deal. I think this time of the year, just before leaf fall, fungus happens. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic