1654Information on the bee types held at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln

    Jul 4, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 66 KB
    All:

    I was just passed a list of holotype and allotype specimens held at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, most, if not all, described by Swenk.    While few people seem to use this collection anymore I just finished a visit and can say that it is in wonderful shape and contains a nice selection of Midwestern specimens with plenty of additions from Western and South American .

    the earth is a living thing

    is a black shambling bear
    ruffling its wild back and tossing
    mountains into the sea

    is a black hawk circling
    the burying ground circling the bones
    picked clean and discarded

    is a fish black blind in the belly of water
    is a diamond blind in the black belly of coal

    is a black and living thing
    is a favorite child
    of the universe
    feel her rolling her hand