1149Volunteers need for ONE evening in DC public charter school science fair

  • Jennifer Brower
    Aug 22, 2010

      Dear Bee Researchers,

      The International Neuroscience Network Foundation supports/manages international brain-related research and also does outreach with K-12 students trying to interest them in careers in science, engineering, mathematics, and technology.

      As part of this outreach, we are running a Science Enrichment program at The SEED School of DC (http://www.seedfoundation.com/seed_schools/dc.aspx).  We bring in internationally recognized scientists to engage the students about once per month.  In addition, this year we are having an “adult science fair” or “poster session” on September 15, 2010.  If you live in the DC area and have a poster you have prepared for a conference or other event, please consider bringing the poster to the SEED School for two hours (6 – 8 pm approximately) on September 15 and sharing it with the students, grades 6 – 12.  The posters will be arranged in the gym, and the students will have a chance to wander about and ask questions of the researchers.

      I am reaching out to you because animals, insects, and the environment are some of the top interests of the students (in addition to gaming and robotics), and it would be fantastic to have someone, or several people, there representing bees or the environment.  Feel free to forward this request to any scientists/engineers/ mathematicians in the DC area who you think might be interested.

      Volunteering at SEED can be very rewarding.  Many of the students are eager to engage and learn. I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to broaden the research presented September 15.

      Thanks for considering this request.  Please let me know by the end of the week  (August 27) if you are available.

      Best,

      Jennifer Brower, PhD

      Executive Vice President for Programs and Operations

      International Neuroscience Network Foundation

      500 Montgomery St. Suite 400

      Alexandria, VA 22314

      703-647-6255

      571-723-1070 (mobile)