17678RE: [Beekeeping] What was that bug?

  • karon
    Jun 26, 2014

      Here is a page of fabulous photo. I am pretty sure she was the Leaf Cutter on this page. I didn’t get a picture of her. But, these are FAR netter pictures than I could EVER take! I am as sure as my memory will let me be. If I can spot one again, I can be more certain.

      I used to have an area where we had a metal roofed shed but the rest was open. We always had carpenter bees buzzing under the shed and floating around. But, now that I think about it, since I installed beehives, again, the carpenter bees seem to have disappeared. I guess the Honey Bees were too much competition for the territory.

      http://www.lloydspitalnikphotos.com/v/other_insects/bees_and_ants/

      Karon Adams

      Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

      You can send a Rosary to a soldier!